Solo & Ensemble Preparation Intensive for High School Singers!
January 11 - February 8, 2024
On the campus of Pacific Lutheran University
Program includes 5 group sessions and 3 30-minute private lessons.
Put your best foot forward for Solo & Ensemble 2024!
- Develop your stage presence and communication skills
- Build confidence practicing your performance in a safe, supportive setting.
- Work with a professional pianist multiple times!
- Practice working through nerves with a mock adjudication given by one of my PLU voice professor colleagues
- Fine tune your musical interpretation and your diction.
- Develop a vocal “warm up” routine to use on performance day.
Included in the program:
5 Weekly one-hour group sessions
- Solo vocal & performance coaching within a supportive group setting
- Exercises to build strength and stamina and expand range
- Encouragement and support from peers and professionals
- Accompaniment provided
- Final session will be a dedicated mock-adjudication, to walk through the process exactly how it will be for the real thing
- Option to video record individual performances and mock adjudication for self-assessment
3 30-minute private lessons with me
- We will work together to bring your vocalism to the next level
- We will identify problem spots and develop strategies for home practice
- You will receive guidance about choosing future repertoire, and where to focus your energies as you work to improve your singing over time
15-minute Zoom chat to talk about potential repertoire before the holidays (must be scheduled before December 10)
- If you need help choosing interesting song repertoire, I am happy to help! Tell me what part you sing in choir, any language experience you’ve had, and what you’ve loved singing in your choir, and I’ll give you multiple suggestions for song choices and provide you with sheet music.
PRICE: $275 per student
Register by 10/31 for SPECIAL EARLY BIRD PRICING: $239 !
Payment due upon registration.
Contact me HERE with questions!
Boaz Voice Studio