The Teen Singers’ Studio Program
A comprehensive vocal training program for teen singers, ages 13-18.
The Teen Singers’ Studio Program will be offered on Vashon Island starting in September, 2019
Limited to 8 students per term
To sign up, contact Holly HERE
- Weekly one-hour group lessons at my Vashon studio:
- Vocal technique work & exercises for range, strength, and stamina
- Audio recorded exercises for home practice
- Exploration of vocal anatomy and function for knowledge and understanding (science-y stuff!)
- Stretching and body movement for alignment awareness and release of unhelpful tensions.
- Master class format for solo vocal coaching in variety of genres & styles
- Audition preparation
- Ensemble & group singing (duets, trios, quartets, etc)
- Singing in harmony
- Sight singing
- Music theory
- Basic piano/keyboard skill building
- Periodic discussion of vocal goals and opportunities for young singers
- Studio binder provided for each student with all group lesson materials
- Audio tracks with accompaniments provided.
- Rotating monthly private session (each student is offered 1 private 30-minute session per month)
- Private coaching on solo repertoire in variety of genres.
- Each lesson recorded and sent via dropbox for students’ use at home.
- Free access to special workshops with guest artists & coaches (2-3 per year) on topics such as:
- Healthy belting
- Making your "book"
- Microphone techniques
- Singing in different languages
- Working with an accompanist
- Careers in music
- Access to NATS (National Association of Teachers of Singing) special events, workshops, and master classes (registration & accompanist fees may apply)
- Access to NATS Annual Student Auditions in Seattle OR Tacoma (registration and accompanist fee required)
- Group trips with organized carpooling to performances and events at Pacific Lutheran University, Seattle Opera, 5th Ave Theatre, etc. (maybe even some backstage tours!)
- Performance Opportunities
- Annual holiday virtual recital (accompanist & recording equipment provided)
- One annual recital on Vashon Island at no additional cost
- Invitation to participate in studio classes with Tacoma students (2-4 per year)
- Access to other community performance opportunities through my network of colleagues as they arise (Vashon Opera, Seattle Opera, Vashon Youth Chorus, Vashon Island Chorale, Drama Dock, PLU Summer Opera Workshop, Tacoma Early Music Workshop, Tacoma Youth Chorus, VCA, etcetc)
Here are some of the many benefits of this comprehensive program:
- MORE opportunities to collaborate with peers
- Exposure to MORE repertoire and styles of music
- New friendships
- Confidence building and encouragement through peer support
- Learning through observation in group lesson setting
- Ear training and musicianship through group singing
- Increased network of professional artists and teachers
- MORE performing opportunities!
- More value for your money!!!
2019 Fall Term: September 11 -December 18
2020 Spring Term: January 8 - April 29
Wednesday Afternoon Group Lessons (exact time TBA)
30-minute Private sessions will be scheduled immediately before & after group sessions on Wednesdays.
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact me here!