Thursday, August 8, 2019 by Holly Boaz | Uncategorized
Summer Greetings from Boaz Voice Studio!
My summer has been filled with teaching, traveling, professional development, and family visits. I'm looking forward to enjoying a few more weeks of it before diving into the 2019-2020 school year.
Watch your inbox for emails with policies, rates, and scheduling information for the coming year!
I feel so fortunate to have full studios at PLU, TCC, and on Vashon Island. I have wonderful students! I am looking forward to reconnecting with all of them and exploring new growth opportunities, new transformations, and new achievements this year!
NEW THIS FALL:
I have one or two slots still available for private students in Tacoma, on Thursday or Friday afternoon.
I will be teaching private lessons one day per week at Steilacoom High School, home of the Sentinels! I'm looking forward to meeting the singers in the wonderful choral program there!
On Vashon Island, I am introducing a brand new exciting program for my teen students:
With help from a variety of trusted colleagues, I have developed a comprehensive vocal training program for my teen students!!! The Teen Singers’ Studio Program will be offered on Vashon Island starting in September, 2019 and will be limited to 8 students per term.
Included in this new program:
● Weekly one-hour group lessons at my Burton studio:
● Rotating monthly private session (each student is offered 1 private 30-minute session per month)
● Free access to special workshops with guest artists from the PNW region and beyond (2-3 per year)
● Access to NATS (National Association of Teachers of Singing) special events, workshops, and master classes (registration & accompanist fees may apply)
● Access to NATS Annual Student Auditions in Seattle OR Tacoma (registration and accompanist fee required)
● Group trips with organized carpooling to performances and events at Pacific Lutheran University, Seattle Opera, 5th Ave Theatre, etc.
● Performance Opportunities
- Annual “Yule Tube” holiday virtual recital (accompanist & recording equipment
- One annual recital on Vashon Island at no additional cost
I am SO excited about how this new structure will provide benefits and opportunities for students! Here are some of the many benefits:
- MORE opportunities to collaborate with peers
- Exposure to MORE repertoire and styles of music
- New friendships
- Confidence building and encouragement through peer support
- Learning through observation in group lesson setting
- Ear training and musicianship through group singing
- Increased network of professional artists and teachers
- MORE performing opportunities!
- More value for your money!
What actually sparked my desire to develop this program was my current teen students' voiced desire to have MORE group lessons over the course of the year.
Wednesday Afternoon Group Lessons (exact time TBA - tell me your preferences!)
30-minute Private sessions will be scheduled immediately before & after group sessions on Wednesdays.
Fall Term: September 11 -December 18
Spring Term: January 8 - April 29
Contact me for rates and availability!